Food for your glowing skin
Eat food that have skin hydrating, sun-protecting and wrinkle preventing powers. Eat plenty of nutrient rich vegetables and fruits such as sweet potatoes, tomatoes, cantaloupe, tea – green or black, oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruit, spinach, turnip greens and broccoli. Good nutrition is the basic building block of healthy skin. Drink plenty of water every day. Drink a minimum of eight to ten glasses of water per day. Drinking the juice of watermelon, apple, carrot and lemon helps fight the free radicals that damage the skin.
Stress is your skin’s silent killer. It shows very badly on your skin if you are stressed for a longer period of time. So, even if you had an awful day, just try to relax and de-stress for the sake of your skin. Too much stress has negative effects on your body, health and skin. Stress is one of the causes of acne; it can also cause the production of hormones.
Lack of sleep
Lack of sleep will affect our body and our health. For a clear and fresh looking skin, sleeping seven to eight hours is essential. It relaxes your mind, which shows on your skin.
Poor skin care habits
· Using the wrong skin care products.
· Using harsh scrubs or exfoliates.
· Picking or squeezing of whiteheads, blackheads and spots.
· Incorrect use of cosmetics.
· Incorrect way of washing the skin.
How to get glowing skin
Glowing skin is an indicator of good health and vitality.
· Take 2tbsp oats, 2tbsp yogurt, 1tsp honey and powdered almonds. Mix them together to make a fine paste and apply it on your face for 10 minutes. Rinse with warm water to get an instant shine.
· Make a paste comprising of milk, egg yolk and pumpkin. Apply this on your face for half an hour and rinse with normal water. Using this regularly helps nourish the skin and gives it a natural glow.
· The famous queen Cleopatra used coconut oil as a skin toner or applied it to the skin mixed with lemon juice or camphor. Using a combination of coconut and sea salt helps impart a natural glow to the skin with regular use.
· Wash your face before you go to bed.
· Wear sunscreen every day.
Home Remedies for Glowing Skin & Smooth Skin
- Mash a banana with milk and apply on face and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash it with cold water to get a skin that will glow.
- Wash your face with coconut water, it will leave your face clear and gives you a glowing skin.
- Apply honey on your face and neck for 20 minutes. Wash it with cold water. Your skin will glow and become soft and smooth.
- After a shower apply Vaseline over your entire body. Shower again after one hour. Repeat twice a month.
- Mix honey, lemon juice and vegetable oil. Apply it on your face. It will make the skin glow, good moisture for dry skin